Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to School

So, my winter vacation came to an end last week and classes have started again. The the good news is this is my last semester of classroom work until I get to start doing rotations. As classes slowly start to become more clinically based, I am reminded of the time over the past few years I spent memorizing random facts to pass tests. All the cell surface receptors, channels, and statistics. Honestly, I don't remember about 95% of it. The good news is that most of the stuff I can't remember is not very important clinically.Really, I wish I had more time to practice catheter placement and jugular sticks than time to memmorize information that will not benefit me or my patients in the real world. The moral of the story is get as much veterinary expierence as you can BEFORE vet school. aUse thoose free summers and weekends to learn and practice skills that you will be using the rest of your life. Unfortuntely, the vet school curriculum leaves little time to practice theese skills before your 4th year. Learn them now before it is just something else to stress you out in vet school.

3 comments:

jbfan&cameos'mom said...

Hi!
I just wanted to let you know I have been REALLY enjoying this blog, it is VERY helpful! I am considering applying to Vet school (after dropping the dream a couple years ago. I'll be a junior in HS next year and this has been a very good source of info, TY so much! :)

Veterinary Technician Schools said...

Career prospects for veterinarians are excellent in future because of high growth in poultry sectors and animal forms. Veterinary doctors are in good demand for routine vaccination, and consultation about care of dogs, hens, cows and other pets and animals.

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

Study Smarter!

Obviously getting good grades is a key and sometimes difficult part to preparing yourself for veterinary school. The best advice I can give you is to work hard, use tutors for specific topics if needed, and be sure you are using your study time wisely. Also, there are products out there that might be beneficial in helping you to learn, study, and make the best grades possible. Here is one product I ran across yesterday. Please check it out if you are interested. It comes with a 60-day full refund , so at least give it a try and let us know if it worked for you! Study Tips!